Wednesday, August 3, 2011

PB&J Oatmeal Cookies

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted.  I picked up a second job so now in addition to my full time office job I am working for a vegan caterer too!  It's all kinds of new & exciting & I will post about it later.  But for now here is my current favorite cookie recipe.  I apologize for the crappy picture. One of these days I'll get a real camera.

dry:
Pretty cute, huh?
2/3 c all purpose flour
2/3 c whole wheat flour
2 c rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2-3/4 tsp salt (1/2 if you're using salted pb, 3/4 if you're using unsalted)

wet:
1 scant c turbinado sugar or brown sugar (you can cut this back. I thought they were too sweet)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp flax seed meal
1/2 c vegetable or peanut oil
1/2 c unsweetened pb
1/3 c nondairy milk (I use unsweetened plain almond milk for all of my recipes)

etc:
jelly! 1/4 tsp per cookie

Preheat the oven to 350
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl / liquid measuring cup / vessel of your choice, mix together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet into the dry and stir to combine.
Using a tablespoon measure (or a little scooper jawn), measure out your cookies. You should get around 36 total.
Flatten the little dudes out with your palm, then make a small indentation in the middle with your thumb.
Put 1/4 tsp of jelly in the middle of each cookie. I used grape but it'd be awesome with pretty much anything.
Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment